Portugal Golden Visa
Residence permit in Portugal by investment
Feod Group provides a full range of services for obtaining the Portugal Golden Visa for the entire family
The company engages Portuguese advocates
✔ no obligation to reside in Portugal
✔ there is unlimited entry into the Schengen countries
✔ for residents – exemption from personal taxes for 10 years
✔ access to medicine, education and other social benefits
✔ Portuguese citizenship after 6 years
Portugal Golden Visa
Portugal Golden visa is an immigration government program for obtaining a residence permit in Portugal by investment for citizens of countries outside the EU.
The Golden Visa program is popular as one of the fastest ways to immigrate to Portugal and obtain EU citizenship (subject to conditions).
The Golden Visa program has many investment options and is aimed at attracting funds from foreign investors to the Portuguese economy.
Investment options for obtaining the Portugal Golden Visa
Please note that in February 2021, changes were made to the Portugal Golden Visa Program, which will enter into force in 2022.
1. Property *
- 500,000 euros – investments in real estate of any type
- 400,000 euros – buying real estate in an area with a low population density in Portugal
- 350,000 euros – purchase of real estate built more than 30 years ago or real estate located in specially designated urban areas for restoration / reconstruction
- 280,000 euros – purchase of real estate built more than 30 years ago, which is subject to reconstruction and is located in an area with a low population density.
* From January 1, 2022, it will be possible to participate in the program of obtaining a residence permit in Portugal for investment by purchasing real estate located in the autonomous regions of the Azores and Madeira or in the interior.
And it will no longer be possible to combine real estate investments in Lisbon, Porto or the Algarve with an application for a Golden Visa.
2. Investment in business
- 350,000 euros – investment in an existing business registered in Portugal and the creation of at least 5 permanent full-time jobs for a period of at least 3 years. (From 01.01.2022 the minimum amount will increase from 350,000 euros to 500,000 euros)
- Creation of 10 new full-time jobs in a Portuguese business owned by the main applicant.
3. Investment fund
- € 350,000 – in private equity or venture capital funds. (from 01.01.2022 the amount will increase from 350,000 euros to 500,000 euros).
4. Capital transfer
- Capital transfer of at least € 1 million to Portugal. (From 2022, the capital transfer amount for the Golden Visa will change from € 1 million to € 1.5 million.)
5. Financial contribution
- 250,000 euros – investments in the preservation of national heritage, art and culture through local and central authorities, state funds, private foundations of public interest, local associations and public cultural associations.
- 350,000 euros – in research and development in Portugal (from January 1, 2022 will increase from 350,000 euros to 500,000 euros)
Residence permit type and extension
As of April 2020 а residence permit in Portugal with a Golden Visa is issued for 2 years, then it is renewed every 3 years.
The Portugal Golden Visa program requires a minimum stay in the country.
During the first 2-year period, you need to physically stay in Portugal for 14 days.
And 21 days over the next three years.
After 5 years, the investor and his family are eligible to apply for a permanent residence permit in Portugal, provided that the respective investment is maintained.
After obtaining permanent residence in Portugal, you no longer need to maintain your Golden Visa investment.
Family members of the investor
Portugal Golden Visa entitles the investor to obtain a residence permit and move to Portugal with family members.
The investor’s family members receive an extension card that expires at the same time as the main applicant’s residence permit.
The following family members may be included in the application:
- Spouse or legal partner
- Minor children under 18 years of age
- Children under 26 if unmarried and enrolled in day school
- Parents of either spouse if they are older than 66 or 55 and are dependent.
To obtain a Golden Visa in Portugal, you must make an appropriate investment and hold it for five years. Also, the investor needs to pass a due diligence check: to confirm the legality of the source of funds, the absence of deportations, no entry bans, no criminal convictions.
Minimum investment from 250.000 € in public or private companies in Portugal in order to preserve the national heritage, art and culture.
To obtain a Golden Visa, investments in real estate, in companies, investment funds, as well as through the transfer of capital, or the creation of jobs that are available.
After obtaining permanent residence in Portugal (after 5 years), the investment can be returned while maintaining status.
Under the terms of the Golden Visa program, there are no requirements for knowledge of the Portuguese language.
No, it is enough to stay in Portugal for 14 days during the first two years, and 21 days every 3 years.
Yes, after 6 years, subject to residence in the country and passing the language exam prior to apply for citizenship, the investor can obtain Portuguese citizenship.
Yes, Portugal allows dual citizenship.
Why clients choose Feod Group
Since 1992, Feod Group has been providing a wide range of legal, business and immigration services in Europe, the USA and other countries of the world.
The company has accredited western lawyers, experts in various fields of law and jurisdictions of the world.
Having offices in Europe and the USA, Feod Group provides rapid paperwork and maximum customer comfort.
We provide our clients with related services, such as relocation and adaptation abroad, organizing family relocation abroad, enrollment of children in schools and many other services.