Immigration to Spain
Residence permit and Spanish citizenship

Since 1992 Feod Group has been providing a wide range of immigration, business and legal services in Spain

Immigration services to Spain:
✔ Obtaining a National D visa at the Spanish Embassy
✔ Obtaining temporary and permanent status for residency purposes and for business
✔ Residence permit by investment (Golden visa)
✔ Obtaining a Spanish student visa
✔ Assistance after refusal of a visa to Spain
Legal and business services in Spain:
✔ Companies registration
✔ Purchase of existing business in Spain
✔ Obtaining a tax resident status
✔ Opening a bank account for individuals and companies
✔ Rental services
Conveyancing of real estate in all regions of Spain

The company includes international and Spanish lawyers


Immigration to Spain


Spain provides a high standard of living, medicine, security, first-class education, and social and economic benefits.

Therefore, it is not surprising that many consider Spain not only as a tourist destination, but also for the education of children, buying real estate, starting a business and as a country for immigrating with the whole family.

After obtaining a residence permit, you become a legal resident of Spain and have the right to permanently live in Spain, and after 5 years – get permanent residence in Spain and after another 5 years – Spanish citizenship.

Obtaining a residence permit and assistance in immigration to Spain:

Residence permit in Spain for financially independent foreigners
Non Lucrative Spanish Visa program


Residence permit for financially independent foreigners (Non Lucrative Spanish Visa) – suitable for citizens from non-EU countries who want to move to live in Spain and at the same time have a stable income abroad, sufficient to live in the country.

At the same time, the applicant does not need to buy a business, real estate, or invest money, it is enough to confirm the rental of real estate and a stable source of income.

Residence permit in Spain by investment (Golden Visa)


Foreign citizens who are interested in investing or want to invest in Spain can open a long-term national visa D or obtain a 2 years residence permit for investors and become a resident of Spain under the Golden Visa program.

The Golden Visa allows you to live, study and work in Spain and can also lead to obtaining a permanent residence (permanent residence) and Spanish citizenship.

In addition, there are no requirements for permanent residence in Spain in order to maintain resident status.

Investments for obtaining a Golden Visa in Spain:

1. 2 million euros to Spanish public debt securities, or
2. 1 million euros to Spanish capital companies with a real activity or business
3. 1 million euros to Spanish investment funds, or
4. 1 million euros in bank deposits Spanish financial entities.
5. Acquisition of property in Spain with an investment of value or more than 500,000 euros.
6. Investing in a Spanish business project that will create jobs and promote technological and / or scientific innovation.



    Business immigration to Spain
    Residence permit for entrepreneurs in Spain


    Residence permit in Spain for business immigration can be obtained by registering a new company or through the purchase of a ready-made company in Spain.

    To obtain a residence permit for a business in Spain, there is no minimum investment threshold and a set number of employees. Each project is always analyzed individually.

    Also, the applicant will need: a business plan describing the relevance and importance of this type of business; receive an identification tax number – NIE; open a bank account; create jobs for the local population.

    Family members of the founder or the head of the company can obtain a residence permit in Spain not only if they have a registered company and a bank account, but also need to confirm the real activities of the company.

    Family reunification in Spain


    Family members of citizens of Spain and other EU countries, as well as foreigners legally residing in the country, can immigrate to Spain

    Which family members can join you in Spain?

    Student visa D to Spain


    Long-term national visa D is issued by the Embassy for a period of 3 months, during which the student must enter the territory of Spain.

    Upon entering Spain, the student must apply for a residence permit – student tarjeta. A month after the collection of fingerprints at the local police station, a plastic card ´tarjeta de estudiante´ is issued, which is valid for the period of study, but not more than a year.

    It is also possible to apply for a student residence permit directly from Spain by entering the country with a biometric passport.

    If you have not yet decided on the choice of an educational institution in Spain, we recommend that you contact the Feod Group study abroad specialists. You can read more about the educational services of our company in the Education Abroad section.

    Read more about Student visa to Spain »


    Permanent residence and Spanish citizenship


    Permanent residence in Spain is a residence permit that is issued after 5 years of legal residence in Spain with the status of a residence permit.

    Permanent residence is the last stage before obtaining Spanish citizenship.

    Permanent residence status in Spain gives the same rights as citizenship, except for the right to vote and be elected to government bodies.

    Requirements for the applicant to obtain permanent residence in Spain:

    How to get Spanish citizenship

    You can obtain Spanish citizenship based on your actual residence in the country; or by origin (if your parents are Spanish citizens or at least one of them; or your grandparents are also Spanish citizens); or by marriage with a Spanish citizen.

    The most common way to obtain Spanish citizenship is citizenship by limitation of the actual place of residence in Spain.

    The actual residence means that Spain must be the main residence of the applicant.

    To do this, the foreign citizen must have lived in Spain for the following minimum period of time:

    Spain does not allow dual citizenship (except for some countries in Latin America, Andorra, Philippines, Equatorial Guinea and Portugal.).
    Therefore, you will need to renounce your original citizenship in order to accept Spanish.

    Tax resident and taxes in Spain


    Spanish tax residency definitions

    According to Spanish tax law, an individual is considered a tax resident in Spain if he or she meets one of the following conditions:

    What is the difference between tax resident status and non-resident status in Spain?

    ⇒ By becoming a tax resident in Spain, you will be taxed on all of your income from sources around the world.
    ⇒ Non-resident will only be taxed on income derived from Spanish sources.

    Please note that all districts in Spain are autonomous in their legislation, which may differ in each region, especially with regard to taxation and tax rates.

    Each Autonomous Community of Spain has the right to establish its own minimum amount that is not taxable or its own property tax, wealth tax or gift tax exemption.

    Thus, tax liabilities may differ from one autonomous region to another.

    Contact the Feod Group tax consultant for qualified advice, who will provide you with all the necessary information about the tax system and taxes in a particular region of Spain that interests you.


      How to get a residence permit in Spain?

      In order to obtain a residence permit in Spain, you must first issue a long-term national visa D.

      Spanish immigration law provides several options for obtaining a long-term national visa D and residence permit:

      • Residence permit for financially independent foreigners
      • Residence permit for investment (Golden Visa)
      • Business immigration to Spain
      • Intra Company Transferee
      • Family reunification
      • Work immigration

      Contact us and our Spanish lawyer and immigration specialists will select the optimal program for obtaining a residence permit for you, depending on your goals and needs.

      Is it possible with a Spanish residence permit to move around the EU and the Schengen countries?

      Yes, the Spanish residence permit provides the right to visa-free entry and movement in all Schengen countries.

      Is it possible to get a residence permit in Spain when buying a property?

      Residence permit in Spain when buying real estate can be obtained under the Golden Visa program. The cost of real estate for obtaining a residence permit from 500 thousand €.

      Under other programs for obtaining a residence permit in Spain, the purchase is not mandatory, but is considered solely as an additional advantage when applying for a residence permit (for example, under the program for financially independent foreigners).

      How to extend a residence permit in Spain?

      You can extend the residence permit in Spain by submitting an application and a package of documents to Extranjería – Migration Service in Spain on your own or through an immigration lawyer.

      You can apply for the extension of the residence no earlier than 60 days before the end of the previous one.

      After receiving the decision, you need to contact the police to get your fingerprints on the resident card.

      Contact the immigration lawyers Feod Group, and we will help you to correctly collect an individual package of documents and extend your residence permit in Spain.

      Article author

      Tetyana Lementarova Managing Partner
      In 2004 Tetyana Lementarova graduated from the University of Nottingham Trent, London (UK) qualification of Bachelor of International Business (BA Hons) and in 2006 received an MBA from the European School of Economics Rome (Italy), Marketing Management specialisation. Has work experience in UK, Ita...
      In 2004 Tetyana Lementarova graduated from the University of Nottingham Trent, London (UK) qualification of Bachelor of International Business (BA Hons) and in 2006 received an MBA from the European School of Economics Rome (Italy), Marketing Management specialisation. Has work experience in UK, Italian and Cypriot companies. 2005-2009 co-founder of an Italian company tour operator New Lands (Rome, Italy). Since 2001, Mrs. Lementarova works as representative of Feod Group abroad. Participates on behalf of the company in international seminars, trainings and conferences on education, immigration and property acquisition abroad. Tetyana Lementarova is an expert in the field of:
      • planning an academic career abroad;
      • organisation of new business abroad and purchase of ready business;
      • obtaining immigration status;
      • selection of investment projects.
      Speaks Russian, Ukrainian, English, Italian, French.
      read more

      Why clients choose Feod Group

      Since 1992, Feod Group has been providing a wide range of legal, business and immigration services in Europe, the USA and other countries of the world.

      The company has accredited western lawyers, experts in various fields of law and jurisdictions of the world.

      Having offices in Europe and the USA, Feod Group provides rapid paperwork and maximum customer comfort.

      We provide our clients with related services, such as relocation and adaptation abroad, organizing family relocation abroad, enrollment of children in schools and many other services.

      How useful was this post?

      Click on a star to rate it!

      Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

      No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

      Countries where we offer visa and immigration support:

      Our experts
      Elena Georghiou
      Founder and Managing Director
      George Georghiou
      Managing Director
      United Kingdom
      Tetyana Lementarova
      Managing Partner
      William Slattery
      Managing Рartner
      Chryso Christofidou
      Managing Director
      Christopher Pelentrides
      United Kingdom
      Peter Petrou
      United Kingdom
      Daniele Papone
      Jerome Da Ros
      Stefan Toffol
      Luhina Iryna
      Head of department
      Visas and Immigration
      Rimma Dontsova
      Senior Adviser
      Visas and Immigration
      Anastasia Taran
      Head of Corporate Services
      Ask a Question

      Укажите, пожалуйста, Ваши контактные данные и наши специалисты свяжутся с Вами в ближайшее время.

        Ваши данные под 100% защитой!

        Указывая свои контактные данные, вы даете согласие на обработку, хранение и использование своих персональных данных исключительно с целью надлежащего предоставления вам услуг компании.


        Please indicate your contact details and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.

          Your data is under 100% protection!

          By providing your contact information, you give consent to the processing,
          storage and use of your personal data solely for the purpose of properly
          providing you with the services of the company.


          Отправить на email


            Send to email


              Укажите, пожалуйста, Ваши контактные данные и дату семинара, которая Вам удобна.




                Вкажіть, будь ласка, Ваші контактні дані та наші фахівці зв’яжуться з Вами найближчим часом.

                  Ваші дані під 100% захистом!

                  Вказуючи свої контактні дані, ви даєте згоду на обробку, зберігання і
                  використання своїх персональних даних виключно з метою належного надання вам послуг компанії.