Family Reunion in France
Since 1992, Feod Group has been providing professional assistance at all stages of obtaining permission to reunite a family in France.
The company includes French lawyers.
Offices in Europe, USA and Ukraine.
Since 1992, clients of Feod Group have been receiving professional services in preparing documents for applying for all types of visas, obtaining residence permits and permanent residence in France. The transition to other categories of stay in France is also within the competence of the company. In all legal and financial processes, both Ukrainian specialists and French lawyers with many years of experience participate in this field.
Family Reunion Categories
In the case of close relatives living in France, the applicant has the right to ask for permission to reunite the family and join his relative.
This group includes:
- visa of the wife / husband of a French citizen;
- visa for minor children of a spouse of a French citizen;
- family reunification visa;
- ascendant relative visa;
- visa for marriage without the intention of further residence in France.
According to French law, applicants for all of these visa categories from 16 years old to 65 years old must pass a test for knowledge of the French language and culture of France in the country of residence. In the case of an unsatisfactory test result, 40 hours of French language and French culture courses are provided free of charge, after which a new test will be scheduled. A prerequisite for obtaining a visa is a certificate of passing the test.
French citizen wife / husband visa
This category is intended for persons in an officially registered marriage with a French citizen.
1. A completed application for a long-term visa;
2. Two photos;
3. Confirmation of marriage;
If the marriage was concluded in France: a full copy of the marriage certificate, issued no more than 2 months ago;
If the marriage was concluded outside of France: a copy of the registration (transcription) of the marriage certificate in the French registry of civil status, issued no more than 2 months ago;
4. Proof of French citizenship spouse:
- French national identity card;
- French biometric passport;
- birth certificate indicating French citizenship;
- and / or, if necessary, a certificate of French citizenship, a duplicate of the decision to naturalize or renew French citizenship, a copy of the registered declaration of acquisition of citizenship;
5. Foreign passport and copies of all pages (except for blank ones). Persons with multiple passports must all submit them at the time of applying for a visa.
6. National passport with copies of all pages except blank.
Visa of minor children of a spouse of French citizens
In addition to the usual documents (application form, photographs, passports), when applying for this type of visa from a French citizen you will need:
- Full copy of the marriage certificate (issued no more than 2 months ago);
- A copy of the residence permit (or certificate of appeal to the prefecture to update the residence permit) of a Ukrainian relative;
- Copy of the national certificate of the French citizen;
- Letter of maintanence;
- Latest income statement;
- 3 recent salary certificates or, for representatives of liberal professions, a bank statement for the last six months;
- The last two receipts for EDF electricity or a Télécom telephone;
- Lease agreement or proof of ownership. Both documents must contain information about the living space or the number of rooms;
- Certificate of pre-registration to school;
- Parental consent of the biological father / mother to the child’s permanent residence in France. This notarial deed must be certified by an apostille and translated;
- Copy of the national passport of the biological father / mother.
Family Reunion Visa
This category, unlike the previous one, is intended for relatives of persons residing in France on the terms of a temporary or permanent residence permit.
- 1. Application for a long-term visa;
- 2. Two photos;
- 3. A passport and copies of all pages except for blank ones. Persons with multiple passports must submit them all at the time of applying for a visa;
- 4. National passport with copies of all pages except blank;
- 5. Birth certificate with apostille and translation into French or English;
- 6. Documents confirming family ties:
- marriage certificate with apostille and translation into French or English for husband / wife;
- birth certificate with apostille and translation into French or English for the child;
- 7. A copy of the first page of the passport of the husband / wife or father / mother;
- 8. A copy of the temporary or permanent residence permit (titre de séjour / récépissé) of the husband / wife or father / mother;
- 9. Agreement on the processing of personal data.
Ascendant Visa for Family Reunion
This type of visa is intended for applicants who wish to join a family member (child) who is a French citizen. A prerequisite is either proof of the independent income of the applicant, or proof that he is supported by a French citizen who can provide him with adequate living conditions.
- 1. A completed application for a long-term visa;
- 2. Two photos;
- 3. From a French citizen:
- Confirmation of the family relationship between the applicant who is applying for a visa and the inviting party in France: a Ukrainian birth certificate or a full copy of the descendant’s birth certificate, if any;
- Confirmation of French citizenship by a descendant or a spouse of a descendant:
- Photocopy of valid national ID card;
- Or a biometric passport;
- Or a certificate of French citizenship;
- Or a duplicate of a decision to naturalize or renew French citizenship;
- Or birth certificate indicating French citizenship;
If a descending relative does not have French citizenship:
A full copy of the French marriage certificate (or transcription), issued no more than two months ago;
Photocopy of residence permit;
- If a citizen changed his last name, a document that confirms the changes;
- 4. Documents that confirm the residence in France of a descendant relative for the stipulated period of stay:
- Lease agreement or proof of ownership;
- 3 recent receipts for electricity (EDF), gas (GDF) or telephone (Télécom);
- Letter of application for housing;
- 5. From a Ukrainian citizen:
- Foreign passport and copies of all pages except blank ones;
- National passport with copies of all pages except blank ones;
- Birth certificate (with apostille and translation);
- Certificate of marriage, divorce or death, if any (with apostille and translation);
- Certificate of good conduct (with apostille and translation);
- Certificate of employment, certificate of pension, if any (evidence of personal income: documents on property, bank documents and more);
- A free-form written obligation not to be engaged in professional activities in France and its translation;
- Health insurance policy, which necessarily includes repatriation, for the first 3 months of stay in France;
- 6. If the ascendant is on the host\maintenance of the inviting party in France: evidence that he belongs to the category of “ascendant is on the maintenance”:
- Confirmation of regular transfers of money from a descendant to a relative to an ascending line;
- Confirmation of income of a relative in a descending line and a certificate of payment of income tax;
- Information on the composition of the family and the kinship obligations of a relative in a descending line;
- Letter of take on maintenance.
Visa to France for the purpose of marriage
The applicant applying for this category of visa must return to Ukraine in order to apply for a long-term visa.
- 1. From a French citizen:
- Invitation from City Hall (attestation d’accueil);
- A letter of invitation guaranteeing the return of the guest to Ukraine;
- Copy of identity card or residence permit for foreigners residing in France;
- Announcement of marriage at the French City Hall (la publication des bans – original and copy);
- Certificate of the absence of barriers to marriage (le certificat de non-opposition, original and copy);
3 last certificate of salary or certificate of payment of taxes;
3 recent rental receipts or housing title deed;
- 2. From a Ukrainian citizen:
- Short-term visa application form;
- 2 photos;
- Evidence of personal income and savings;
- Foreign passport and copies of all pages except blank;
- National passport with copies of all pages except blank;
- Reservation of tickets in both directions (it is recommended not to buy tickets before obtaining a visa);
- Medical insurance for a stay in France;
- Agreement for the processing of personal data.
Difficulties in family reunification in France
Please note that these lists of documents are generalized and do not take into account the specifics of each applicant.
To provide a personalized list of documents, we suggest you sign up for a consultation with our specialists.
Help with family reunion in France
Feod Group provides its clients with professional assistance at all stages of obtaining a residence permit and extending immigration status, obtaining citizenship. The specialists of our company have vast experience working with even the most difficult visa cases. Legal support is provided by foreign specialists together with the Ukrainian staff of our company, which is especially important, given that this type of visa provides, in addition to directly filing documents in Ukraine, also working with a relative in France.
For the initial analysis of your request, Feod Group recommends to obtain a professional advice from European immigration lawyers, where you will receive detailed information about the immigration law of France.
To arrange a meeting, call us at:
+38 044 383 90 30
+38 050 393 90 30 (Viber / WhatsApp)
Our e-mail: [email protected]
We will be happy to be of service to you!