Since 1992, Feod Group has been providing professional assistance at all stages of obtaining a residence permit in France for entrepreneurs, investors and specialists in the Passport Talent category.
The company includes French lawyers.
Offices in Europe, USA and Ukraine.
Residence permit in France in the category “Passport-talent”
In order to attract foreign investors, qualified specialists and entrepreneurs, the French government in July 2017 introduced a new category for obtaining a residence permit in France: called “Passport-talent”.
The first residence permit under the program “Passport-talent” is issued immediately for 4 years with the right to renew. After 5 years of residence – it is possible to obtain permanent residence in France. After 10 years – French citizenship.
One of the main advantages of this long-stay visa to France is that the applicant can be accompanied by his family. The applicant’s family members are also issued a long-term residence permit – “Passport-talent (family)”, which entitles the spouse and the child (children) aged over 18 to work in France.
Who can apply for a residence permit in France in the category “Passport-talent”
The Passport Talent category is intended for 11 types of applicants:
1. The investor.
- ownership of at least 10% of the company in which the investment is made;
- an investment of at least 300,000 euros in fixed tangible or intangible assets, which is carried out either
- directly or through a company, if the investor owns at least 30% of the shares of this company.
- the investor must create or provide an obligation to protect jobs within 4 years from the date of investment.
2. Founder of the company in France.
- a diploma of a master’s degree (or equivalent master’s degree) or 5 years of professional experience;
- confirmation of the relevance of the applicant’s business project for the French economy;
- investments in your business in the amount of at least 30,000 euros;
- a permit / license to conduct business in France (in cases provided by French law);
- confirmation of the financial security of the applicant.
3. Developers and founders of innovative projects.
- startup business project;
- preliminary approval of the applicant’s project by a government agency in France;
- availability of sufficient financial resources of the applicant for the period of stay in France.
4. Representative of a company established in France.
- the applicant is an authorized representative in a company established in France;
- term of work as an employee or authorized representative in an enterprise or company is at least three months;
- the applicant’s annual gross salary is greater than or equal to 53,944.80 euros;
- a power of attorney to exercise the powers of the legal representative of this company in France.
5. Qualified employee
- the presence of a diploma, a French university or qualifications recognized in the established manner;
- an employment contract with a French employer concluded for more than 3 months, with an annual salary of
- more than or equal to 35,963.20 euros.
6. Employee of an innovative enterprise.
- the applicant is a graduate (level not lower than the master);
- an employment contract with a French employer concluded for more than 3 months, with an annual salary exceeding or equal to 35 963.20 euros;
- labor activity is directly related to research and development of innovations.
7. Highly qualified employee.
- a diploma confirming study at a university for three years or more, or the presence of at least 5 years of professional experience of a comparable level;
- an employment contract with a French employer concluded for at least 1 year, with an annual salary of at least 53,836.50 euros.
8. Transfer of an employee within an international group of companies.
- the applicant is an employee of a company established abroad, whose work experience
is at least three months;
- transfer of an employee in a paid activity in France between branches of the same company or between companies of the same group;
- an employment contract with a French company has been concluded for a period of more than three months, with an annual salary of at least 32,366.88 euros.
- the applicant is a graduate (level not lower than the master);
- activities in France are directly related to scientific research;
- confirmation from a public or private scientific institution indicating the purpose and duration of the applicant’s stay in France.
10. Artist / artist.
- the availability of documents confirming the status of the artist or author of a literary or artistic work;
- the availability of financial resources for the estimated period of stay, received mainly from activities carried out by the applicant, exceeding or equal to 1,048.93 euros per month.
11. A foreigner who has received state or international recognition.
- the presence of documents confirming the applicant’s authority in the relevant field, confirmed in a professional environment;
- the purpose of obtaining a visa is the implementation of scientific, literary, artistic, intellectual, educational or sports activities in France;
- the availability of financial resources for the applicant during his stay in France.
The procedure for obtaining a residence permit, permanent residence and citizenship of France
- 1. Initially, you must apply for a long-term visa to France by contacting the appropriate consulate in the territory of your native country. It is preferable to apply three months before the planned arrival in France.
- 2. After entering France on a long-term visa, the visa holder must register with the French Immigration and Integration Service (OFII) and apply for a residence permit in the local prefecture.
- 3. Obtaining a French resident card for 4 years with the right to renew.
- 4. After 5 years of living in France, you have the right to apply for permanent residence in France.
- 5. After 10 years of residence, you can apply for French citizenship on the basis of naturalization. This will require an additional interview at the migration service, confirming knowledge of the language, as well as passing a test on knowledge of the legislation, culture and history of France.
French laws allow second citizenship.
Services of Feod Group:
Immigration and visa:
- General and specialized advice on immigration law in France;
- Recommendations on choosing an immigration category;
- Translation of documents (legalization, apostille);
- Filling in visa application forms and registration for the submission of documents;
- Support of visa applications by accredited immigration lawyers;
- Change, extension of the status of stay in France;
- Submission of documents for obtaining a card of a resident of France and citizenship.
Business and legal:
- Registration of companies in France (assistance in renting an office, in obtaining an individual tax number; tax planning, business structuring);
- Buying a business in France;
- Financial and banking services – selection of an investment object, analysis, verification of business documents, opening bank accounts;
- Selection of the property, legal verification of documents, independent valuation services;
- Carrying out registration of the sale of the object and providing the client with our legal support after the transaction;
- Feod Group also provides its clients with related services related to relocation and adaptation in the country: services for organizing family relocation to France, enrollment of children in schools, and many others.
For the initial analysis of your request, Feod Group recommends to obtain a professional advice from European immigration lawyers, where you will receive detailed information about the immigration law of France.
To arrange a meeting, call us at:
+38 044 383 90 30
+38 050 393 90 30 (Viber / WhatsApp)
Our e-mail: [email protected]
We will be happy to be of service to you!