Residence permit, permanent residence and citizenship in France
Since 1992 Feod Group has been providing a wide range of immigration, business and legal services in France
|Immigration services in France:|
✔ Obtaining a National D visa at the French Embassy
✔ Moving to France for permanent residence
✔ Residence permit in France in the category “Passport-talent”
✔ Getting a French student visa
✔ Assistance after visa refusal to France
|Legal and business services in France:|
✔ Business registration and purchase of companies
✔ Obtaining tax resident status
✔ Opening a bank account in France
✔ Rental property in all regions
✔ Buying apartments, houses, villas in France
Immigration to France
France is a member of the European Union and has always been and is a popular country for immigrating with the whole family.
France one of the most famous countries in the world for moving to and living with the whole family
✔ France has it all, from mountains and castles to beaches and lavender valleys. And the climate is comfortable all year round, especially in the South of France.
✔ The healthcare system in France is considered to be one of the best in the world in terms of quality and efficiency.
✔ France invests heavily in its education system and there are many educational facilities for your children, including kindergartens, pre-schools and a well-established public school system.
✔ Large selection of real estate: from luxury villas on the coast to townhouses and city apartments.
Obtaining a residence permit (Сarte de sejour France) and assistance in immigration to France:
- Residence permit as a Visitor (financially independent foreigner) – Visiteur;
- Residence permit in the category “Passport talent” – Passeport talent;
- Business immigration to France;
- Investor visa to France – Talent Passport “Business investor”;
- Intra-corporate transfer of employees to the EU countries – Intra Company Transferee;
- Family reunions in France;
- Visa for students to France (selection of educational institutions, execution of all documents).
- Permanent residence and citizenship of France
Residence permit Visitor
This residence permit is granted to foreigners who will confirm financial independence and a stable source of income (from 19,200 euros per year per applicant), which allows them to live in France without having to work there.
Also, a foreigner must have a place of residence in France (this can be a long-term lease of real estate or a purchase for any amount), health insurance, a good reputation (no criminal record, deportation and other immigration violations).
A residence permit is issued for a period of 1 year, with the right to extend, and after 5 years, you can apply for permanent residence and then for French citizenship.
Residence permit - Passport talent
The Passport-talent category is for foreigners who wish to make a significant contribution to the French economy, culture, science or sport.
The Passport-talent category is intended for applicants: qualified and highly qualified employees; business founders, entrepreneurs; investors; founders or employees of innovative startups; artists, artists; scientific staff.
An applicant for the Passport-talent category receives a residence permit immediately for 4 years with the possibility of extension. After 5 years, you can obtain permanent residence in France (permanent residence) and after 10 years, apply for French citizenship.
Together with the main applicant, a residence permit can also be obtained by his family members: spouse, children.
Residence permit for entrepreneurs in France
Business immigration to France
There are several ways to get a residence permit in France through a business, for example:
- Register a new company or buy an existing business in France (titre de séjour “commerçant” / “artisan”). The applicant must have sufficient funds to live in France – at least 18,655 euros. The residence permit is issued for 1 year with the right to extend.
- For company founders in France who have invested at least 30,000 euros in their business and created jobs. It falls under the category “Passport Talent” and a residence permit is issued immediately for 4 years.
- For creators and employees of innovative startups that are aimed at the development of high technologies in France. It can also fall under the “Passport of talent” category with obtaining a residence permit immediately for 4 years, subject to the approval of the project by the state commission.
- For Directors of a company or representatives of a company established in France. The applicant must have at least 3 months of experience in the company as a Director or an authorized representative. And the size of the annual salary must be three times the minimum, and not less than 55,965 euros.
Talent Passport «Business investor»
This residence permit is intended for businessmen and investors from countries outside the EU who wish to invest in the French economy.
- At least €300,000 in fixed tangible or intangible assets.
- The investment can be made either directly or through a company if the investor owns at least 30% of the shares of this company
- It is necessary to create or provide a commitment to create jobs within four years of the investment.
A residence permit for investors is issued immediately for 4 years with the right to extend. Also, the family members of the investor are issued a long-term residence permit – “Passport-talent (family)” for 4 years with the right to extend.
Intra Company Transferee
French legislation provides for a simplified procedure for obtaining a residence permit under the Intra Company Transferee program – a corporate transfer.
Intra Company Transfers (ICT) – issued upon transfer from the parent company to its own branch in France for the management and key employees.
The employee must have worked for the company abroad for at least 12 months. This period may vary depending on the situation in the company, for example: how long the parent company has been operating, how successful the business is, etc.
Spouse(s) and minor children can also receive a residence permit. This residence permit allows residence and any professional activity in France during the period of validity of the residence permit held by the main applicant (foreign employee).
Permanent residence and citizenship of France
Staying in the country legally for 5 or more years gives a foreigner the right to obtain a permanent resident card of France (Carte de résident) and move to France for permanent residence.
To obtain a permanent residence permit, it is necessary to confirm the presence of a permanent income, a place of residence in France, the absence of tax debts and the absence of a criminal record.
Spouses of French citizens are entitled to receive a residence card for 10 years after three years of residence in France.
How to get French citizenship
Legislation provides for the possibility of obtaining a passport of a French citizen:
- on the basis of descent, if one or both parents are French citizens;
- on the basis of marriage with a French citizen (the right to obtain citizenship is acquired after four years of marriage);
- naturalization – in general, it is possible after 5 years of legal residence in France and subject to evidence of integration into French society.
Immigration to France - FAQ
How to move to live in France?
In order to move to live in France and have the right to permanent residence there, it is necessary to obtain an immigration status – a residence permit under the programs:
- Residence permit for financially independent foreigners
- Business immigration
- Investor visa
- Programs for start-up entrepreneurs (Startup visas)
- Intra Company Transferee Program
- Family reunification
Can I obtain a residence permit in France when buying real estate?
In France, there is no program for obtaining a residence permit through real estate. The acquisition of real estate in France is considered solely as an additional advantage when applying for a residence permit (for example, under the program for financially independent foreigners).
How to extend a residence permit in France?
Residence permit in France for financially independent is valid for 1 year with the possibility of extending it for the same line.
Residence permit in the category “Passport-talent” in France is seen immediately for 4 years, also with the possibility of extension for another 4 years.
To renew the resident card, you need to apply to the Prefecture of the county of residence a few months before the expiration of the card.
Why clients choose Feod Group
Since 1992, Feod Group has been providing a wide range of legal, business and immigration services in Europe, the USA and other countries of the world.
The company has accredited western lawyers, experts in various fields of law and jurisdictions of the world.
Having offices in Europe and the USA, Feod Group provides rapid paperwork and maximum customer comfort.
We provide our clients with related services, such as relocation and adaptation abroad, organizing family relocation abroad, enrollment of children in schools and many other services.
Anastasia Taran Head of Corporate Services
In 2013, she graduated in law from the National University «Odessa Law Academy» with honors and received a Master of Law degree. Anastasia Taran has experience in international and contract law, as well as corporate and tax law in Europe. Within the framework of Feod Group, she specializes i...
In 2013, she graduated in law from the National University «Odessa Law Academy» with honors and received a Master of Law degree. Anastasia Taran has experience in international and contract law, as well as corporate and tax law in Europe. Within the framework of Feod Group, she specializes in immigration and corporate law of European countries, particularly:
- family and corporate immigration solutions.
- establishing a business in Europe.
- personal and corporate taxation in Europe.
- opening accounts in European banks.
- obtaining a tax resident status.
Countries where we offer visa and immigration support: