Visit visas to the USA
With immigration specialization since 1992, Feod Group are able to assist in obtaining visitor visa B1/B2 to the USA as well as full immigration support in USA. We have a good records in obtaining US visas after visa denial. We have offices in USA, UK and Ukraine.
A Visitor visa is a nonimmigrant visa that is granted to persons traveling to the United States for temporary visits for business (B1), or tourism, pleasure (B2).
The process to obtain the visa begins with an electronic visa application submitted by the applicant to the local American Consulate (AMCON). This application is most often supported by a “letter of invitation” and by evidence of strong ties to Ukraine, all of which is hand carried to the visa interview.
The visa interview is conducted by a United States Consular Officer (CO) who, by law, must begin each interview with the presumption that the applicant is an intending immigrant. It is the burden of the visa applicant, in the ten-minute visa interview, to overcome that presumption (in short, to establish that they will return to Ukraine). Failure to do so results in a denial.
The Consular Officer assess the “equities and assets” of each visa applicant and, although many are the same for all applicants, these assets and equities differ from applicant to applicant.
Equities and assets are things perceived by the Consular Officer that are sufficient to determine that the applicant has strong enough ties to Ukraine and will return to Ukraine after the purpose for the visa has been satisfied.
The Feod staff assists each applicant in identifying their individual assets and equities. Then, the staff helps in documenting the assets and equities. Lastly, the staff works with the applicant in “how to present and discuss their assets and equities”.
These exercises, while no guarantee of visa issuance, will greatly reduce the risk of a visa denial and they can be used in overcoming a previous visa denial.
Feod Group is pleased that it has a unique position distinguishing it from others in providing legal services in that it has offices in Ukraine (Kiev and Odessa) and in the USA. This allows the staff to work closely with clients. We provide a wide range of services related to B1 / B2 visas, as well as other types of visas and statuses:
- Consultation on the visa application including identification of the required legally sufficient supporting evidence and the steps of its acquisition and preparation;
- Preparation for the interview at the Consulate of the United States of America (modeling an interview, psychological counseling, form of clothing, etc.);
- Filling application forms and registration for the date of the interview;
- Advice on different types of visas, immigration status changes, etc., with the participation of U.S. immigration specialists, both in Ukraine and in America;
- Selection of residential property, business for purchasing, registration of companies of all types in all states of the USA;
- Full in-country immigration support.
US visitor visa is for people traveling to the United States for:
- consulting with business associates,
- attending scientific, educational, professional or business conventions/conferences, settling an estate or negotiating contracts,
- visits with friends or relatives,
- medical treatment,
- activities of a fraternal, social or service nature.
In applying for a B-1/B-2 visa, you must demonstrate that you qualify for this type of visa in accordance with the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act which presumes that every B-1/B-2 applicant is an intending immigrant. You must overcome this legal presumption by submitting documents confirming:
- that the purpose of your trip to the U.S. is for a temporary visit, such as business, pleasure, or medical treatment;
- that you plan to remain in the U.S. for a specific, limited period of time;
- that you have funds sufficient to cover your expenses while in the United States;
- that you have a residence outside the U.S., as well as other binding social or economic ties, that will ensure your return abroad at the end of your visit.
There is no clear list of criteria for such ties, and applicant should justify such ties by himself. Ties in this case are social, economic and other links. In addition, it is also necessary to prepare for an interview with a consular officer.
What cannot be done on B1/B2 visa
The following are activities that require other categories of visas and can not be carried out on a visitor visa:
- paid performances, or any paid professional activity;
- work in the crew on a ship or plane;
- work as a representative of foreign press, radio, film and other media;
- permanent residence in the United States.
Also, often a visitor visa to the United States is required for individuals who are actually planning immigration based, for example, on investment or employment. In such cases, we strongly recommend to get professional advice before applying for B1/B2 visa. The difficulty in this situation is that when you are applying for visitor visa in the US Consulate you will specify one information and another during further immigration application. Our specialists will help you prepare documents in advance to avoid complications in the future.
Feod Group provides its clients with an extensive range of services about obtaining all types of visas to the United States. Our services involve both American immigration experts, all of whom are retired from the US Immigration Service, and Ukrainian caseworkers supporting your application. Our attorneys will provide you with extensive information on how to obtain a tourist visa to the United States, the list of required documents, will help to compile them, and also prepare you for an interview at the Embassy.