Malta Citizenship by Investment.
Malta Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment
Feod Group specialists accompany clients, both in the process of selecting the most attractive investment projects, and at all stages of obtaining citizenship of Malta for the entire family
The company engages Maltese lawyers.
✓ Citizenship and EU Passport for the entire family
✓ Visa-free travel to 184 countries
✓ Access to all public services: education, healthcare
✓ Malta allows dual citizenship
Malta Citizenship by Investment
Maltese Citizenship by Investment is an official government program that allows investors and their families to obtain Maltese citizenship based on their significant contribution to the economic and social development of the country.
The new program – Malta Naturalization for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment – has been in effect since November 2020.
One of the requirements under the new program is that the applicant and family members included in the application obtain citizenship by naturalization and must have Maltese resident status for a minimum of 12 or 36 months prior to obtaining a Malta Passport.
Participation in the program of obtaining citizenship of Malta by investment by naturalization can:
- main applicant over 18 years old
- financially dependent and unmarried children under 28 years of age
- parents over 55
Also, according to the new rules, the program will be limited to granting citizenship to a maximum of 400 applicants per year. And it will be closed after 1,500 applicants obtain the citizenship and passport of Malta.
Requirements for obtaining citizenship of Malta by investment
1. Direct investments in the economic and social development of the country
- 600,000 euros – if the main applicant and family members who are included in the application are resident in Malta for 36 months before obtaining citizenship
- or 750,000 euros – if the applicant and family members were residents of Malta for 12 months before obtaining citizenship.
- an additional 50,000 euros for each dependent family member included in the application.
- Direct investments are non-refundable.
2. Buying or renting real estate in Malta
- Purchase of residential property in the amount of at least 700,000 euros
- Or rental of residential real estate worth from 16,000 euros per year for a period of 5 years.
- It is prohibited to sublet the rented property to third parties.
- The investor must retain ownership of the property or have a valid lease agreement for at least 5 years from the date of receipt of the certificate of citizenship.
3. Charitable donation
- 10,000 euros to one or more organizations: charitable, cultural, sports, scientific and others, which operate in Malta and are approved by the Community Malta Agency.
- The applicant must be over 18 years old, have no criminal record, deportation and sanctions.
- All family members included in the application and over 16 years old must provide originals of police clearance certificates from each country where this person has lived in aggregate for 6 months or more during the last 10 years prior to the application, as well as from all countries where the applicant and his family members have citizenship.
- To apply for citizenship, applicants must legally reside in Malta and hold a valid residence permit for at least 36 months (or 12 months for an investment of € 750,000)
- Every application for citizenship of Malta by naturalization through direct investment is carefully screened and assessed and undergoes a four-level Due Diligence.
- The citizenship eligibility check fee is: € 15,000 for the main applicant and € 10,000 for each dependent over 12 years old.
- Citizenship by investment applications can only be submitted by an accredited agent licensed by the Community Malta Agency. The applicant’s interaction with the government authorities of Malta without an accredited agent is not allowed.
Dual citizenship of Malta
Malta is allowed to hold a second citizenship. Therefore, when obtaining citizenship of Malta, there is no need to renounce the first citizenship.
Please contact our specialists for detailed information!
Citizenship and Passport of Malta can be obtained on the basis of a significant contribution to the economic and social development of the country.
The applicant to make a non-refundable grant of 600 or 750 thousand euros + buy real estate from 700 thousand euros or rent housing for a minimum annual fee of 16 thousand euros for 5 years + make a donation of 10 thousand euros to a charitable organization.
The minimum amount for obtaining a Malta passport for one applicant is 690,000 thousand euros + 50,000 thousand for each family member included in the application. Plus government and administrative fees, due diligence fees.
When obtaining citizenship of Malta on the basis of a significant contribution to the economic and social development of the country, the language test is not taken.
Why clients choose Feod Group
Since 1992, Feod Group has been providing a wide range of legal, business and immigration services in Europe, the USA and other countries of the world.
The company has accredited western lawyers, experts in various fields of law and jurisdictions of the world.
Having offices in Europe and the USA, Feod Group provides rapid paperwork and maximum customer comfort.
We provide our clients with related services, such as relocation and adaptation abroad, organizing family relocation abroad, enrollment of children in schools and many other services.