Residence permit, permanent residence and British citizenship
For 27 years Feod Group has been providing full legal support in immigration to the UK:
• Residence permit for a families, for business through investment, for employees, students, obtaining permanent residence and British citizenship
• Accompanying the purchase of real estate and business in the UK
• Education in the UK
The company has British lawyers.
Offices in the UK, USA and Ukraine.
Great Britain is traditionally very popular as a tourist and immigration destination. The charm of “old Europe” combined with an active business environment, one of the best educational systems in the world, as well as a high standard of living, all these explains the attractiveness of the United Kingdom among foreigners.
Such popularity among immigrants naturally causes tightening of the visa system of the country. UK Immigration law is very complex. Seeking the advice and assistance of an established Immigration Law firm is highly recommended to avoid delays in processing times or refusals of applications.
Immigration Planning Service
Feod Group has extensive experience in preparing documents for all types of visas and immigration to the UK. For over 27 years, the company provides its clients with a comprehensive service, including unique in Ukrainian service of immigration planning. With our assistance, you will be able both to obtain simplest visit visa and plan, for example, business immigration to the UK for the whole family.
Most complicated immigration cases conducted by our company with the participation of the head of our UK office – Mr. Christopher Pelentrides. Practicing Solicitor – Mr. Pelentrides, specialises in all aspects of Immigration and Nationality Law (including Human Rights Law), Civil and Criminal Litigation.
His experience and knowledge enables him to deal with actions in all levels of courts, from Magistrates Court to Crown Court in Criminal proceedings, and from County Court to High Court in Civil proceedings. He is also proficient in Immigration appeals and has successfully challenged the Secretary of State for the Home Department & UK Border Agency on behalf of clients.
Solicitor in the UK
Feod Group is pleased that it has a unique position distinguishing it from others in providing legal services in that it has offices in Ukraine (Kiev and Odessa) and in the UK (London) and other countries. This allows us to help clients even in the most complicated situations related to immigration to the United Kingdom.
If you are in the UK and you require our professional assistance, contact our Russian-speaking immigration specialist at: 02081237130.
Types of visas to the UK
British immigration law provides many types of visas, which can be roughly divided into the following categories (we list only the most common categories):
- 1. Short-term visas to the UK:
• Standard Visitor visa – general short-term visa;
• Marriage Visitor visa – visa for marriage in the UK;
• Permitted Paid Engagement visa – a visa for short-term paid activities;
• Parent of a Tier 4 child visa – a visa for the parents of the student;
• Short-term study visa – short-term student visa, for training for up to 11 months;
- 2. Student visas to the UK:
• Tier 4 (Child) student visa – student visa for children;
• Tier 4 (General) student visa – general student visa;
• Short-term study visa – short-term student visa;
- 3. Work visas to the UK:
• Tier 2 (General) visa – general work visa;
• Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa – work visa for the transfer of an employee within the company;
• Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa ;
• Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa;
• Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa;
• Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) visas;
• Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme);
- 4. British visas for entrepreneurs and investors. Residence permit for investment:
• Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) – Entrepreneur visa;
• Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) – a visa of a young entrepreneur (graduate);
• Tier 1 (Investor) – the Investor’s visa;
• Representative of an Overseas Business visa – a visa of a representative of a foreign company;
- 5. Family immigration – reunification with British citizens or foreigners with a permanent residence permit:
• Family of a settled person visa – a visa for the family members of a permanent resident or citizen of the United Kingdom: fiancé visa, spouse visa, visa for a partner, visa for a wife, visa for a child;
• Visa for the family members of the investor, entrepreneur, student, employee, applicant in the category Tier1, Tier2, Tier4, Tier5;
• EEA family permit – visas for family members of citizens of the countries of the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Change and extension of residence permits in the UK
Note that in the UK, in contrast, for example, from the US, foreigners who entered the country on a visit visa categories are not entitled to extend period of stay or to switch to another visa category, or residence permits, except in a certain circumstances.
However, it is possible to switch between certain categories of visas, based on points system: Tier1, Tier2, Tier4, Tier5. More details on changing and extending the status in the UK can be found in the section “Changing and extension of the immigration status in the UK.”
Feod Group is able to offer consultations on all aspects of UK immigration issues including extending or switching from a certain category of visa, as well as help to plan the future for you and your family.
Permanent residence in the UK / Indefinite Leave to Remain
Foreigners who have lived in the country legally for 5 or more years can obtain permanent resident status in Great Britain, permanent residence in the UK – Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
How to obtain UK citizenship
Legislation provides two different procedures to become British citizen.
Register as a British citizen
Register as a British citizen is a simplified procedure for children who have the right of citizenship by origin or place of birth, as well as for citizens of the overseas territories of Great Britain.
Naturalization is a procedure for obtaining UK citizenship voluntarily, subject to a number of legislative conditions. Such conditions are: the presence of a permanent residence permit, long-term residence in the country, knowledge of the language, history and political system of the Great Britain. You can read more about the naturalization procedure in the section: “Naturalization”
Immigration, visa, legal and business services of Feod Group
Our scope of immigration and visa services in the UK
- Wide spectrum of advice on immigration laws of the United Kingdom;
- Recommendations on choosing appropriate visa category;
- Consultation on the identification of the required legally sufficient supporting evidence and the steps of its acquisition and preparation;
- Filing of documents for visa applications;
- Translations of documents (legalization, apostille);
- Filling application forms and registration for the date of the interview;
- Working with complex immigration issues and appeals. Visa refusal cases
- Legal support in case of threat of deportation, denial of admission, other problem cases;
- Change, extension of the status of stay in the UK;
- Filling application forms for obtaining the status of the UK Permanent Resident/ Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR);
- Acquisition of citizenship.
Business and legal services
- Legal support in registration of companies of all types in the UK, obtaining permissions and licenses, opening bank accounts, representation of Client’s interests with state and commercial structures. Full legal and business support as well as tax planning is provided by UK specialists of Feod Group;
- Virtual office services in the UK;
- Selection of residential property for rent or purchase (examination of the documents of a seller/landlord, legal preparation and support of rent-buy-sell deeds)
- Organization of education in the Great Britain.
Feod Group provides its clients additional services related to relocation and adaptation in the country.