Immigration to Malta. Residence permit, permanent residence and citizenship of Malta
Since 1992 Feod Group has been providing full legal support for moving to Malta:
✓ Residence permit in Malta for the whole family
✓ Moving to the island of Malta for permanent residence
✓ Obtaining citizenship of Malta by investment
✓ Representation of interests in the state authorities of Malta
Legal and business services in Malta:
✓ Company registration in Malta
✓ Obtaining the status of a tax resident of Malta
✓ Opening a bank account
✓ Buying property in Malta
The company has accredited Maltese advocates
Important: Obtaining professional advice at the first consultation Feod Group will clarify the main issues of obtaining a residence permit and citizenship of Malta, how to obtain the status of a tax resident in Malta, what are the taxes for residents of Malta, the conditions for purchasing a business or residential real estate in Malta, family reunification and many other issues.
All consultations are carried out by qualified international lawyers.
Residence permit and citizenship of Malta
Malta is a member state of the European Union, which successfully meets the needs of business, freedom of stay and movement in the Eurozone, provides a wide range of tax benefits and many other advantages:
- Malta has a European system of legal reduction of the tax burden and for residents there are no taxes that are levied in other EU countries.
- Malta ranks first with the most reliable health care system among European countries
- Malta has an English education system
- Excellent Mediterranean climate and clean ecology
Methods for obtaining a residence permit and citizenship of Malta
According to immigration law, citizens of non-EU countries are eligible to obtain a residence permit and citizenship of Malta in 2021 under the following programs:
✓ Malta Global Residence Program (MGRP)
✓ Malta Permanent Residence Program (MPRP)
✓Malta’s Citizenship by Investment route, now known as the Malta Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment
Malta Global Residence Programme (МGRP)
The Global Residence Program in Malta is a state program for obtaining a residence permit in Malta for citizens of countries outside the European Union, with the provision of a special tax status.
The Global Residence Program is suitable for entrepreneurs and investors who wish to obtain Malta tax residency status and benefit from tax incentives and optimize their tax burden.
Benefits of obtaining a Malta residence permit under the Global Residence program
- The program participant receives a Tax Residence Certificate (TRC) and enjoys a special tax status.
- Any foreign income transferred to Malta will be taxed at a special flat rate of 15%. Income received from abroad that is not transferred to Malta will not be taxed in Malta.
- 0% inheritance tax and no luxury tax
- Residence permit status under the MGRP program can be obtained immediately for the entire family of the applicant: spouse, children, parents.
- The applicant has the right to start his own business in Malta, taking advantage of tax incentives, and also to work in Malta for hire.
Basic conditions for participation in the global residence program
- The applicant must rent a property in Malta for at least € 9,600 per year (€ 8,750 per year in Gozo or southern Malta). Or buy real estate in Malta worth at least 275,000 euros (or 220,000 euros for Gozo and the southern regions).
- The main applicant must pay a minimum annual tax of € 15,000.
- The main applicant must speak one of the state languages (English, Maltese) at a conversational level
- There is no minimum stay in Malta, however it is not recommended to reside in any other country (not in Malta) for more than 183 days a year.
Malta Permanent Residence Programme
The Malta Permanent Residence Program, or as it is also called the “Malta Golden Visa” is a new immigration investment program that entered into force on 29th March 2021.
The main advantages of obtaining permanent residence in Malta
✓ Immediately obtaining a permanent residence permit in Malta (permanent residence) without the requirement to reside in the country.
✓ You are not required to take a language test to obtain permanent residence.
✓ Four generations can obtain permanent residence in Malta: applicant, spouse, children, parents, grandparents.
- rental of real estate from 10,000 euros per year (Gozo / south of Malta) or from 12,000 euros per year (north of Malta) for 5 years;
- one-off contribution in the amount of 98,000 euros;
- charitable donation 2000 euros;
Buying property in Malta
- purchase of real estate for a minimum amount of 300,000 euros (Gozo / south of Malta) or from 350,000 euros (north of Malta) and hold for 5 years;
- one-off contribution in the amount of 68,000 euros;
- charitable donation 2000 euros;
We assist in all provisions of the clients related to the rental or purchase of real estate in Malta and at the same time provide a full range of services for obtaining permanent residency in Malta for the entire family of the client
Malta Citizenship by Investment
In November 2020, the Government of Malta launched a new program – Maltese Citizenship by Naturalisation for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment.
One of the requirements under the new program is that the applicant and family members included in the application must have Maltese resident status for at least 12 or 36 months prior to obtaining a Malta Passport.
Conditions for obtaining citizenship of Malta by investment
1. Contribution to the economic development of the country
- 600,000 euros (the main applicant and family members who are included in the application must be resident in Malta for 36 months before obtaining citizenship)
- or 750,000 euros (the applicant and family members must be resident in Malta for 12 months before obtaining citizenship).
- an additional 50,000 euros for each family member included in the application.
2. Buying or renting real estate in Malta
- minimum property value 700,000 euros
- or rental of real estate worth from 16,000 euros per year.
- The investor must retain ownership of the property or have a valid lease agreement for at least 5 years.
3. Charitable donation
- € 10,000 to one or more charities approved by Community Malta Agency.
Contact our specialists for advice, and we will provide you with detailed information.
Non-EU citizens can obtain a temporary residence permit in Malta under the Global Residence Program (MGRP) or a permanent residence permit under the Malta Permanent Resident Program (MPRP).
After 5 years of residence in Malta, you can get permanent residence (permanent residence). Or you can participate in the Malta Permanent Resident Program (MPRP) and receive permanent residence immediately without the need for permanent residence.
When buying real estate in Malta for a certain amount, you can get both a residence permit and permanent residence.
- When buying real estate in the amount of 275,000 euros (or 220,000 euros for Gozo / southern regions), the applicant and his family can obtain a residence permit for 1 year with the right to renew.
- When buying real estate for an amount of 350,000 euros (or 300,000 euros for Gozo / South of Malta), the applicant and his family can apply for an indefinite permanent residence in Malta.
Citizenship of Malta can be obtained legally by living in the country for 10-18 years.
Or through the Malta Citizenship by Investment Program. By participating in this program, you can obtain citizenship for the whole family after 12 or 36 months of residence in Malta.
Why do customers choose Feod Group:
Feod Group has over the years established themselves as specialists in the area of immigration and all categories of visas to the U.K., Schengen Area countries, European Union Member States, the U.S. and Ukraine. Within the ever changing legislation to immigration law and visa requirements we at Feod Group are on the pulse of these rapid changes and in a unique position to assist you in Ukraine and overseas in obtaining your individual needs.
1. Feod Group has been providing a wide range of legal, business and immigration services since 1992 in Europe, the USA and other countries of the world.
2. Due to our presence in Ukraine, Europe and USA, we can expedite paperwork and provide professionalism and efficiency to the client.
3. The company employs lawyers, experts in various spheres of law and jurisdictions of countries around the world.
4. We provide our clients with the relevant services related to relocation and assimilation abroad, services for organizing family relocation abroad, enrollment of children in schools and many ancillary services.