If you have decided to make an investment to the economics of any European country, the USA or Canada the following information is for you.
Feod Group is the longest established company in Ukraine dealing with business immigration and immigration through investments.
Business immigration (Entrepreneurs) means making the destination country the place of your permanent residence through investment into the business you founded or bought.
Immigration through Investment of funds (from 500,000.00 to several million Euro depending on the country) means investment into state or commercial projects, companies’ chapter capital, real property, securities and investment portfolios of financial organizations.
The relevant Articles of the Immigration Rules on Entrepreneurs are rather complex and difficult for interpretation. One of the most common mistakes is that it is necessary to buy property, business or register a company before you apply for an Entrepreneur’s visa. Such investment can be a plus and would be treated as additional proof of the seriousness of an applicant’s intentions. But this condition is not a must with the majority of developed countries.
What you need to prove is that:
- You have a clear professional business plan on investment of a specified by law amount of funds into newly founded or bought business
- You have the necessary education and experience in the chosen area of activities
- You have sufficient funds to maintain your family and your business in the destination country, you have savings and you can confirm the transparency of the source of your income and savings and that these funds are freely transferable to one of the banks of the destination country
- You are a respectable and law abiding person who is ready to adapt in the destination country and make it your home.
Both Investor’s and Entrepreneur’s visas lead to Temporary and Permanent Residence status and subsequently to the citizenship in the destination country. This process consists of several stages: preparation of your documents/file for lodging and application; consideration of your application by the relevant Immigration bodies in the destination country; issuing a visa and lodging your application for a Residence Permit after your arrival in the destination country. This process differs in the UK: your application is considered by UK Embassy and your initial visa (which automatically becomes a residence permit immediately after you enter the UK) is valid for 40 months and is extended inside the UK.
Feod Group international lawyers and immigration specialists as well as brokers, accountants and real estate property agents will consult and support you at every stage of your application.
Please use professional consultations with European and American lawyers provided by Feod Group.
For more information please see the relevant pages of our web site.
If you do not intend to buy business or register your own firm, make an investment or work in the destination country and you have a regular independent income overseas not less than a minimum average salary in the country in many EU countries you can apply for a residence permit as a financially independent foreigner. This mostly applies to those who retired regardless their age.
To receive a Residence Permit you need to confirm the transparency of the source of your income, rent adequate accommodation, pay annual taxes, and have a full medical insurance.
After 5 years of residence in the destination country and if you do not leave the country for longer than 6 months (not considering military service or 12 months absence due to valid or compulsory reason such as pregnancy, childbirth, serious disease, work or professional training) you can apply for a Long Term (Permanent) Residence status and subsequently citizenship.
It is not advisable to stay outside the country for longer than 2 years as you may lose your Permanent Residence status.
If you wish to buy residential property, ‘your second home’, with a view to receive a Residence Permit in the destination country or spend your holidays there or receive profits, the finances involved will be less than with buying business or investments. You should bear in mind that not all countries provide a Residence Permit based on this basis. The USA, Great Britain and Canada do not have such provision in their legislation. Minimum investment into properties of EU countries is: Bulgaria – 300,000 Euro; Cyprus – 300,000 Euro; Greece – 250,000 Euro; Spain and Portugal – 500,000 Euro; Latvia – 143,000 Euro; Malta – 220,000-275,000 Euro.
Please note that simply buying property is not sufficient to obtain a Residence Permit and Residence Permit obtained on this basis does not always lead to citizenship.
To receive a Residence Permit you have to prove the following:
- you have an independent income from overseas;
- transparency of your savings;
- your law obedience and absence of court convictions.
Please be very careful buying property/residential property through property agencies. As a rule such agencies pursue the interests of a seller, and not a purchaser.
Feod Group international lawyers, brokers and property agents will provide you with:
- professional consultations on tax system;
- check if the property is clear of charges , mortgage or loans;
- represent your interests at each stage of the transaction;
- help you with all legal and immigration issues at all the stages of your visa application and subsequent application for a Residence Permit and citizenship.
Feod Group international lawyers and specialists will provide you with full legal and immigration support at every stage of these complex procedures.
- Full consultation with European or American lawyer on choosing a destination country, a suitable immigration programme, evaluation of your circumstances and working out a general plan of your application;
- For Business immigrants and Investors our team of Ukrainian and international lawyers, real estate brokers (in Europe and the USA), international auditors, European experts in finances will provide:
- legal support in registration of companies of all types in Europe, obtaining permissions and licenses, opening bank accounts, representation of your interests with state and commercial structures. Full legal and business support as well as tax planning is provided by European specialists of Feod Group;
- selection of the most suitable for your investment programme, property, business to buy, legal and financial examination of the documents of a seller, examination and evaluation of the technical conditions/suitability of equipment , constructions and property; support of qualified brokers, property deals solicitors, auditors and accountants;
- selection of residential property for rent or purchase (examination of the documents of a seller/landlord, legal preparation and support of rent-buy-sell deeds).
- Preparation of applications for National Visas, drafting and forming of documents to prove entrepreneur’s experience, source of income, drafting business plans;
- Completing application forms and booking visa application appointments with Embassies;
- Filing of documents for visa applications;
- Preparation of an applicant for an interview at an Embassy;
- Representation of applicant’s interests with Embassies provided by European solicitor.
- Support of family members’ applications; National Family Reunion visa applications; visa support for distant relatives and friends;
- Preparation, support and lodging all kinds of Residence Permit applications at Immigration Services of a country;
- Help and support in selection of schools for children and enrolment;
- Help and support in buying/renting a car etc.
On the 24th March 2021 the Cyprus government announced additional investment criteria. The applicant must […]
Many factors have effects on the property market, not only in the UK but internationally. […]
When property prices fall it is time to consider investing. History of the property market […]